I wish I hadn’t shown you the darkest parts of me.
I Would Take it All Back (#616: July 21, 2014)
guys i’m leaving for my boarding school tomorrow and i won’t have wifi (yeah tell me about it) so i won’t post much you know
I wish I were a poet.
…the vast majority of the universe is composed of dark matter. The fragile balance depends on things we’ll never be able to see, hear, smell, taste, or touch. Life itself depends on them.
What’s real? What isn’t real?
Maybe those aren’t the right questions to be asking.
What does life depend on?
I wish I had made things for life to depend on.
Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
- Loving yourself is a process that takes time. Don’t rush it. Appreciate it.
- It’s okay to spend time alone.
- Saying ‘no’ is just as important as saying ‘yes’.
- Crying doesn’t mean you are weak.
- Fighting for the things you love is always worth it. Always.
- Every breathe is a second chance.
- If you believe in something, don’t give up on it.
- Saying ‘thank you’ and ‘please’ can take you far.
- Feeling proud of yourself for working hard and caring for people is not something you should be ashamed of.
- You should always have faith and hope.
- Everyone is fighting their own battles. Respect that.
- Feeling lost does not mean you are lost.
- Your parents always want what is best for you.
- Your hair looks better if you don’t put too much effort into it.
- Sometimes you have to get away from those who hurt you.
- Books and music have the power to make you feel less alone.
- Your past is just a story. Once you realize that, it’s has no power over you.
- Good things take time.
- The moment you decide to surround yourself by good energies is a very important step towards being happy.
Sometimes it will seem like giving up is the best solution. It is not.
- Apologize. Forgive. Move on.
- Dream even when they say it’s impossible.
- You are worth it.
23 things I learned until today - the day I turned 23 years old.